Friday, January 22, 2010

About Me

“I have come to see clearly that life is more than self. It is more than doing what I want, striving for what will benefit me, dreaming of all I can be. Life is all about my relationship with God. There is no higher calling, no loftier dream, and no greater goal than to live, breathe, and be poured out for Jesus Christ."

- Brother Andrew



✿=================✿
Hi, I'm Allison!


I am a 18 year old girl... the oldest of five kids (I have three sisters and one brother). I was home schooled my entire life, and graduated Class of '13.  


I am entering college this year with a dual major in Art and Communications (journalism). I also have interests in art, dance, vintage things, film-making, and theater. I am so, so excited for college... but I am so nervous, too! Every time I think about it, I have a million thoughts that run through my head!

I am a follower of Christ... and that is the best thing in my life.The more I live, the more I am convinced that only Christ will never fail. Everything else... people, material goods, houses, cars, money... will all pass away eventually and can be taken away from you at a moment's notice, but Christ always remains. (Hebrews 10:32-35) He is the only one who could ever satisfy anyone eternally, and is the only one worth living for. (Matthew 16:24-26) With that constantly on my mind, I am trying to live with the goal of serving Him first and foremost. Sometimes it's crazy hard (as denying your own selfish wants and desires usually is), but I know it's worth it, and I absolutely wouldn't want to live any other way.

I work at a flower shop! It's pretty fun a lot of times. Sometimes it's slow (people really need to buy more flowers!) but I love wrapping bouquets and seeing all the new flowers we get every week.
I love vintage stuff, but I love living in the present, too. My favorite stores to shop at are thrift and consignment stores. I love mixing modern with something completely my own style...
 My fashion motto is "Does it make me happy when I see it?".

My favorite places to go are the mall, the movies, parks with hiking trails, anywhere natural, the country, my boyfriend's house, and Barnes and Noble. I have a slight obsession with photobooths, and I love getting my picture taken in them with my friends. :)

My music tastes are all over the place and change all the time, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Micheal Buble and Hunter Hayes. I love jazz, country, celtic, classical, pop, hip hop... everything, basically...


✿=================✿


“Lord, make my way prosperous not that I achieve high station, but that my life be an exhibit to the value of knowing God.”

― Jim Elliot



3 comments:

  1. Allison, I so enjoyed reading about you. I just think it was interesting and some of your comments are funny. :)
    By the way, learning is one of my hobbies too!!!! That's just us homeschoolers. I found out about 2 new books from you too.. might want to look into them! "Hattie Big Sky" & "The Treasure Seekers". Can't wait!

    Looking forward to more posts,
    ~ Tarissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Thanks for commenting on my blog!
    Yes, we sound very similiar! I look forward to reading more of your blog. =)

    Samantha

    http://simpledelights-samantha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! This is Grace from Grace's Garden Walk. Love your blog. Just wanted to say hi, and I have read "Hattie Big Sky." I thought it was pretty good.
    In Christ,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete