Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snow!




Happy Valentine's Day!

Here in Northern Ohio, we don't usually get much snow. But this past week we got about 10 inches of the stuff!

We don't watch the news very often in our house, so you can imagine how baffled we were by the amount of people in WAL-MART last Tuesday! It was like shopping on the day after Thanksgiving! They all had shopping carts filled to the brim, and the shelves of the store were running dry. It was very odd! We asked a person standing in line why there were so many people at the store. He promptly told us (in a rather mocking tone, might I add) "It's because of the 'Big Snow'*". I was a little.... (for lack of a better word) wierded out by now.

When we got home, I flipped on the news, and sure enough. We were expected to get snow.. A LOT of snow, starting the next morning!

It has been a lot of fun having so much snow! School was cancelled for a couple of days, so we got to go sledding with some friends of ours that otherwise would have been at school. Although people around here tend to not like snow, I personally am enjoying it. My only regret is Wednessday night Church was cancelled. I was not, however, upset about my piano lesson being cancelled.**

Yesterday, we had a Valentine's Day party, which was a lot of fun! We asked each of our guests to bring an activity or craft to do. This is a great idea because then you don't have to think up all the activities yourself. I HATE, o.k., fine, STRONGLY dislike, planning parties, so if I can get my guests to do the work for me, then cool beans! We played Apples to Apples (my sister's choice),
Charades (My friend's choice), and a acting game (two guests', who are sisters, choice)***.
Everyone also brought Valentines to hand out.

After the party, my good friend Erin stayed so she could go to church with us. **** and we had a really fun time learning "Come Thou Fount" in harmony, and taking pictures in the snow. She wore my gray cape which my mom made for me this past Christmas, and I wore my vintage coat which I bought 2 years ago at Goodwill for $7.00.
Here are a few of the many***** pictures we took. Enjoy.


Erin and I

My Sister Hannah, Erin, and I

Me, Myself, and I.

By The Way, For those of you who are Jane Austin fans, you can enter to win the newest Masterpiece Theater Production of "Emma" on DVD here. I love it.....


*emphesis added. I don't think he really thought it was going to snow. Either that, or he didn't think anyone needed to be "stocking up" for it.

** just in case somehow my piano teacher reads this, I love ya Mrs R., but it is a relief to have a break once in a while..... and I didn't practice that much last week......

*** The game went like this. Everyone divided into two teams, and each team got a bag filled with about 5 mystery items. Then the teams went into seperate rooms and quickly thought up a skit that involved all of the items. Each team performed their skit for the other team. It was a lot of fun!


****We have church on Saturday evenings. My dad planted a church back in Nov., and we don't have a church building of our own, so we have to use another church's facilities, and it is easier to use them on Saturdays, since sometimes they have things going on on Sundays, and we have to cancel church.

*****many, many, many, many many MANY.....

No comments:

Post a Comment