Thursday, March 18, 2010

New Hairstyle

For a while now, I have been contemplating a new hairstyle. I have had really long hair (down to my waist) for awhile now (at least 3 years) and, to be quite honest, I'm getting sick of it. :S

I would like to get my hair cut into a hairstyle with a little more... shape. I want to be able to wear my hair down, and not have it just hang there.

I'm not necessarily wanting to lose a ton of length (though a little might be fun), but I would like something different! (Noticeably different)

Here is my hair now:

Long, All one length. There's nothing wrong with it, per say, I'm just sick of it!

I don't want my hairstyle to be to intensive... I will not be curling/blow drying every day! ( I remember back in the dark ages, when I had bangs.... if I didn't wet them down and blow-dry them every morning, they would look crazy! Most days, I ended up just twisting them out of my face, basically defeating the purpose of having them. )

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I should get it cut? I need a picture to take into the hair salon soon. I wish I could decide!




3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking the same thing about me! I have hair down to my mid-back or maybe a little longer. I think I'm going to cut mine short (little less than shoulder), so I can give mine to Locks of Love - that organization that creates/gives hair pieces to kids who need them (cancer patients, etc.). So, I think I'm gonna do it. I've actually given my hair to them twice before. I don't always like my haircut for a while after that - but it grows on me (& thankfully (if I really don't like it) hair grows, too). Hope you find the right style for you! =)
    -Bess-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison,I think it would be refreshing to have a new hairstyle,but with your interests and personality,I suggest you keep it at least a little long. Maybe you can shorten it to about half-way down your back,and some drastic layers near the ends. I did that with my hair,and the layers helped to make my hair curl under. When I say layers,I mean, about an inch from the bottom of your hair,REALLY close layers. Get what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found your blog through What I Wear What I Do. You make it very interesting!

    But for your hair, I would get it cut to your shoulders and get layers in it. Layers usually give hair body so you don't have to blow dry it everyday.

    Shaynie

    ReplyDelete