Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My New Haircut {{The BIG Reveal!}}

So, here are the pictures I promised! I am soooo thrilled with how my hair turned out!
I ended up getting it cut shorter than before with long layers. Next time, I think I'll get the layers done a bit more drastically, but I am happy with the way they are right now!

As I said before, I used to have bangs, and I didn't really like them all that much. They were high maintenance, and they just didn't look that good! So I was a little hesitant when my mom suggested I get side-swept bangs. But I went for it, and I'm so glad I did! They aren't bangs in the way I usually think of bangs. They're more like short layers.

Ok, enough of the chit-chat! Let's get one with the pictures!

My Haircut!
Before Back View: I didn't realize how long my hair was! lol. It just sort of hung there, and it was difficult to get it to have any real "style". The length also bothered me because it was always swinging in my face or getting stuck somewhere! ;) And the ends were frizzy.

My Haircut!
After Back View: (sorry about the blurry picture!) It is shorter now, but still "long". You can see the layers in the back. It lays so nicely, too!


My Haircut!
Side View Before: So... limp. blah.

My Haircut!
Side View After: ( I have such terrible posture in this picture :oS) Anyway... The side view is lighter and has more dimension due to the new, shorter length and layers.

My Haircut!

Front View Before: B-O-R-I-N-G. (I am sooo un-photogenic. lol)

My Haircut!

Front View After: So pretty! You can tell from the cheesy expression on my face that I'm lovin' this new 'do!



So what do you all think? Is it shocking enough? lol. When I came home, my sisters all said "You don't look any different." I agree that the hairstyle is not completely different from what I had before. As a matter of fact, those people who don't see me often might not even notice a difference! But I think that my new haircut is a much better, prettier version of what I had before. Not drastically different, just subtly different. In my opinion, it's perfect!
My Haircut!


7 comments:

  1. Allison,
    You know that I LOVE it!

    Love ya sis,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Yes, I like it a lot. Like you said, the change is subtle, but I know that you definitely can feel a difference. My hair isn't as long as yours - usually I keep it just a couple inches below my shoulder, but when I get it cut... even just the slightest bit makes a ton of difference!
    Anyways, I like your new haircut & it is very pretty!

    Until next time,
    ~ Tarissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,Allison! You look beautiful! I think the new do suites you very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks very nice! Wow, you did have long hair! I have been contemplating cutting my hair too, but lately it has been working for me, so now I'm not so much in a rush to change it. I used to have side sweeping bangs too, but now they're growing out.

    I got your birthday gift today!! It is so nice, how thoughtful!! And my favorite bonnet is getting small on me, so it came at the right time! Sorry I haven't been writing! I wanted to wait until after my birthday so I had something interesting to share - I guess it's after my birthday now!

    I must come a visiting more often!

    Love, Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like it! I have always wanted long, straight, hair. In my photo it looks long and straight, but is actually super curly and gets frizzy.

    Anyway, I love the blog. I haven't been blogging lately. Or been online till a few weeks ago. We have been traveling. I DO NOT LIKE TRAVELING! lol
    Feel free to comment or visit my blog anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks really nice.
    Alexa

    ReplyDelete