Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hello Again!

I haven't been posting much lately, mainly because I just got back from a 3 day vacation to Louisville, KY. That, and the fact that I have been suffering a bit from writers block. :oS

I didn't actually take any pictures of Louisville, otherwise I'd be sharing them with y'all. (That's what happens, folks, when you spend a couple of days a little more southern. My mom and I spent almost
the entire trip home speaking in our southern accents, and singing "I Have Been Blessed", "I'll Fly Away", and "Down By the River to Pray" at the top of our lungs-- country style...)

Here's somethin' I bet ya'll didn't know about those native Louisville residents; They pronounce "Louisville" different than us Northern Ohio-ans do. WE say "Loo-ee-ville". THEY say "Loo-
uh-vole" OR "loo-vole. Forget the "uh". (*Note: I didn't believe it when my mom informed me of this pre-trip. Then when we got down there, I heard it with my own two ears. It's fact, peoples.) I, personally think that sounds a little silly, but not wanting to be incorrect in my "Loo-uh-vole" pronunciation, I have created what I consider to be the happy medium. Behold-- "Loo-uh-ville". Loouhville. perfect.

Anyway, it was a nice trip. They have got a ton of trees down there! I have never seen so many trees in one place in my entire life!

---(Switching topics here... bear with me...)-----

*GASP!* I just realized,
I never posted the "after" pictures of our kitchen reno. I posted the *gag-me* before's, but I failed to show y'all *ahem* the finished product. I shall do that s-o-o-n. The next post you will read on thus blog shall be.... OUR KITCHEN RENO----AFTER THE FACT.

*stay tuned, y'all!* ♥

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I thought it was funny the way they said Louisville when I was there. I think it's harder to say it there way, but, anywho. That's not the first time I have heard natives of somewhere pronounce their city(or state, in this instance).

    I know people from Wisconsin who pronounce it (Whis-GH_onsn)I had to practice that one for a couple of weeks before I got it right, and I had to get it right, because every time I (God forbid) said Wisconsin with a "c", I wouldn't hear the end of it!

    I'm glad you had fun on your trip! You didn't take ANY pictures? But...but...I wanted to see them! (e-whining) :(

    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a good time. It is always funny hearing different accents. I love those songs. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've given you the PURE IN HEART Award!
    Please visit my blog for details. =)

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete