Thursday, April 1, 2010

Secondhand Fashion Week


Amanda Beth Over at Amanda Beth Online has been having a fashion event all week, and although I'm a little late, I didn't want to pass it up!

So, here is an overview of my fashion today and yesterday. (yippee!) Quite frankly, with the kitchen remodel (and the fact that we currently don't have a washer and dryer... they conveniently broke at the same time as we smashed apart our kitchen... *sigh*) what I wore on Monday and Tuesday was not much to look at. Without a washer and dryer, it's kind of hard to be a fashionista!


But on Wednesday, I finally got around to 1.) wearing something decent enough to photograph and 2.) Taking a picture of it.

So here is my "Second-hand fashion" for Wednesday:



DSC_0311

DSC_0292

Shirt: Thrift Store in Holmes County
Belt: Made by Mom
Skirt: Goodwill

As you can see, I was having a fun time helping my mom paint the picnic table she built last week! My mom is so awesome because she is never afraid to try something new! And carpentry is certainly something new for her! She just got the power tools for her birthday in February. She was so scared to try them at first (especially the saws!), but she did a lot of research and took every safety precaution. She did such a great job building the picnic table for my little sisters and brother!

I helped pick out the color. lol
DSC_0299
DSC_0306
DSC_0307


O.K. On to today's outfit! It is sooooo beautiful outside today! It is about 80 degrees out! Can you believe it! April 1st and 80 degrees!!! (and no, this is not an April Fool's Day joke! lol) So, anyhow, we went to the zoo today with some people from our homeschool group. That was fun, and it is such a perfect day for it, too!
So this is my "YAY!!!! WARM WEATHER!!!!" outfit.
DSC_0349DSC_0350

Shirt: I have NO idea where we got that!
Under-shirt : Meijer.... I ♥ Meijer clothes!!!!
Skirt: Goodwill... as you can see, it is a linen skirt. Very comfortable, but it wrinkles easily! lol

In closing, here are some pictures I took yesterday of some toys in my brother's sandbox.DSC_0317DSC_0318

{{as you may be able to tell by the storm-trooper in the background, my brother likes Star Wars. ♥}}

I hope everyone is having a wonderful (warm and springy!) day!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I really like the blouse in the first picture!
    It's 80 degrees here, too! Soooo nice. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the skirts and the plad shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the picnic table! That's so neat that your mom made it herself! :)

    Glad you are enjoying the weather! There's nothing like a great tee shirt (in blue, my favorite color :) for quick comfort. :)

    ReplyDelete