Tuesday, May 18, 2010

*Be Inspired!* Hairstyle Inspiration


Recently, I have been a bit obsessed with the fishtail braid, which I just learned how to do this past week. I have tried and tried for years to do this braid, and I finally figured it out! Hooray! (You can see an example of a fishtail braid to the left.)

I love it because it is really complicated looking, and a bit more special than the regular English Braid, but yet it isn't that hard once you have the hang of it.

I have been fish-tailing my own hair and my sister's hair like a mad-woman.

I found a good diagram here on how to do a fishtail braid. Catch the fishtail fever!


Here are some more pictures that inspire me from Anthropologie. I may just have to try and copy these looks!

4 comments:

  1. Greetings,
    I LOVE the fishtail braid... it took me a while to figure out how to do it also...I learned it some years ago, after wanting "elven braids" like Arwen wore... in Lord of the Rings.
    I have not done it in so long you have inspired me to do a fishtail braid in the morning.. :)

    Thank you for the pictures too, so pretty.
    I really like in the first picture the braid is tied with a frayed ribbon or strip of fabric.

    Thanks for sharing...
    Brielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. no way! you did that too?? those photos of that model in Anthropologie are amazing! and what was truly amazing was her HAIR!! AHHH!! yay! i'm so glad! i just posted a few days ago about the knotted blue/green hanging chair in that magazine! yay! i'm so glad you fell inlove with her hair too!
    the thing i love about anthropologie, is that they pick such beautiful modals! and they make them pretty! why is it, in all other mags it seams like, they try there best to make them look ugly? wow. ii might just have to do a post about that! hahhahaha!

    plus.. i've always been inlove with a herringbone braid! *sigh* check out this girls website: http://rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com/
    for some awesome hair style tutorials! fancy that!

    and then here is a dream website for braids!: http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/braid_examples.htm

    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I used to be able to do that harring bone thing to my hair, but have since forgotten. That picture, along with your lovely hairstyle on showcase night has inspired me to re-learn!

    By the by, I have a slight predicament. Do you think you could stop by my blog, and encourage others to come along as well? I really appreciate it!

    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete