Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sisters....

♪Sisters... Sisters... There were never such devoted sisters...♪

(From "White Christmas")

Twice in one week I had the same conversation. With two completely different people (One- a lady who goes to my church, Two - an Amish cashier) on two completely different days, wearing two completely different outfits. It went something like this...


Person #1- (to my mother) Are your two oldest girls twins?

Mom- Oh, no. They are just the same height.

Person #1- You don't say? I could have swore they were twins.

Mom- Nope. As a matter of fact, they are 3 years apart!

Person #1- Really? Wow! And I bet you (gesturing towards my younger sister) are the older one, right?

Hannah- Oh, ah, no.

Person #1 - Are you serious?

Twice. Almost an identical conversation. I think it is funny, and yet somehow sad at the same time. Me, a 15-almost-16 year old girl, whom everyone thinks is my 12-almost-13 year old sister's twin. I realize we are the same height... but I personally don't think we look that much alike! Ok, sure, we dress alike and steal... *ahem* share each other's clothes.... We act allike, hang out together, are the same height... hmmm, maybe I can see where people might get the *crazy* idea we're twins.


DSC_0253

It's not that I have a problem with people thinking that my sister is my twin, it's just the fact that not only do I look as if I am the same age as a almost-13-year-old... (and as I said in the conversation script above, both times people assumed she was the older one!) However, if we were to be c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y honest here.... yes, I do look exactly the same as I did when I was 13. It's true. Below is a 13-year-old version of myself. If you ask me, this picture looks like it could have been taken yesterday.

Photobucket

*sigh* I'm just waiting for the day when looking 3 years younger than my actual age will bless me. Until then, I'll just smile and say "No, I'm not my sister's twin." ♥




3 comments:

  1. The same thing happens to my sister and me! People don't think we're twins, but 8 or 9 times out of 10 they think I'm the older one! Which baffles me because my sister is taller than I am. Hmmm...... Oh well, I just figure that when I'm 50 I'll be glad I look younger than I really am. ;D

    ~Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, I am well acquainted with this question as well! I am 15 while my sis is 13, and she's taller than me (like 6 inches or more) so many people think she's older. When we were closer to the same height people were always asking if we were twins. :) So... yeah, I know what you're talking about. And it doesn't bother me much anymore, MOST of the time. ;)

    Oh, and just so you know, I'm following you - on Google Reader. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! :) We just went on vacation too and EVERYONE asked me and my sisters if we were twins or triplets. :) And I'm 10 years older than my youngest sister. Ha! :) Good times. The funniest thing is that someone thought that she was the oldest. Funny.

    Loved your post.

    Genevieve (the OLDEST)

    ReplyDelete