Monday, June 14, 2010

Dance..dance..dance


Did you know the dance that they do in Pride and Prejudice (2005 version with Kiera Knightly and Matthew Mcfayden) during the Meryton Hall dance scene is a traditional dance called "Tythe Pig"?

I've been thinking a lot about dancing lately because I was able to recently go to a dance! It was kind of like a prom for homeschoolers. I had a really fun time! It was a Masquerade, so I borrowed a feathery, glittery mask from my cousin, and I wore a white dress that my mother wore to her prom!

Some of the dances we did were country dances, The Virginia Reel, a waltz, a mixer (I actually sat this one out, but I video-recorded my friend doing it. You can see the video below.), the Polka, and a few others. It was so much fun, but I was very tired afterward! We did Swing Dancing too, but my poor friend sprained her ankle from it! How awful is that?



This is a video of my friend and others doing a "mixer" dance. It looks like a lot of fun! I zoomed in on her at 1 min 16 sec into the movie. She is wearing a sleeveless dress.

My friend took more pictures and video, and I'll post them as soon as she sends them to me!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, fun! Our homeschool co-op has done some really fun dances and formal events too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I love the layout of your blog, very simple and professional looking!

    Dancing is so much fun - I like the Virginia Reel a lot too!

    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete