Tuesday, June 15, 2010

♪ A night to remember ♪

My Friend sent me the rest of the pictures from the Homeschool Banquet, so I thought I would post some more. If you have absolutely no idea what I am talking about, see the last post I did.

Basically, to re-cap, last Friday night I went to a Homeschool Banquet/Prom/dance. It was a ton of fun!

HSBanquet2010
Erin and I

I wore a white dress that was my mom's prom dress, a pair of sparkly high-heels that I got from Payless Shoesource ($7.00!!! Can you believe that? And I love 'em!) and a mask (it was a masquerade) that I borrowed from a relative of mine. We actually pulled this outfit together the day before the event, and all things considered, I think it turned out really well!

HSBanquet2010 The Dress 2


The evening started out at a pier out by the water for pictures. That was all fine and dandy, except the wind was messing up my hair, and I spotted a GIGANTIC snake about 5 feet away from where I was standing. That part was... em... terrifying (*cue hyperventilation*) But it was beautiful outside, and I loved seeing everyone in their lovely clothes.

HSBanquet2010 All the Girls
All the girls in attendance... there were a lot!

HSBanquet2010 Pier
Some girls hanging out at the pier...

HSBanquet2010 The Dress 1
Another picture of moi-self at the pier. :)

HSBanquet2010 AllisonErinKaraKelly
In the parking lot of the pier....

After the pier, we carpooled to a lady's house for snacks *ahem* I mean hors d'oeuvres... On the way there, we took some pictures in the van.... yes... I'm not sure why either....


HSBanquet2010 van
Kelly and I.. in the minivan
(the picture's a little grainy because the lighting was funky in the van)

HSBanquet2010 Crazy
The maniacs in the backseat....

HSBanquet2010 Im horrified
Horrified passengers... when my mom saw this picture, she said "What on earth were you guys talking about for you to make that face??" *smiles*

Our final destination was... *drumroll please* a Country Club! After even more pictures outside....

HSBanquet2010 lots of peeps
Lots of attendees!

HSBanquet2010 Ze MASK
Valerie's sparkly mask.

HSBanquet2010 Moi Mask
My feathery mask (♥)

HSBanquet2010 Woah!
Halley tries to push everyone over, and I try to hold them all up. Who's winning?

HSBanquet2010 Erin Mask
My friend Erin's lace-y mask

....we headed inside. The tables were set elegant-ly with red and black napkins and candles in the middle. The candles looked nice, but one girl (I'm not going to mention any names....) almost caught the mad-libs on fire about a hundred times! That was the only bad part.
HSBanquet2010 table scape
The table-scape... simple lovely!

HSBanquet2010 Halley
Halley enjoying every minute of the party...

HSBanquet2010 its water seriously
It's WATER people. I just wanted to make sure I pointed that out.

We played a game where you had to place the names of every guest at the party in a jar with descriptions on them such as "Future Geek Squad Employee", "Mr. Hollywood", "Most Glamorous", "Most Daring", "Most Modest" etc. Later in the evening, they revealed who had won what awards ceremony-style.

HSBanquet2010 award goes to
Awards announcers... don't they look ready for the Oscars?

HSBanquet2010 Awards
Mr. Hollywood himself with his "trophy" AKA a fruit drink.


HSBanquet2010 nominees
Nominees awaiting results......

Later in the evening, it was time to dance! Most people opted out of wearing shoes for this portion of the evening.

"It may be possible to do without dancing entirely. Instances have been known of young people passing many, many months successively, without being at any ball of any description, and no material injury accrue either to body or mind; But when a beginning is made—when felicities of rapid motion have once been, though slightly, felt—it must be a very heavy set that does not ask for more."
~"Emma" by Jane Austen


HSBanquet2010 im not sure
(I am not sure what on earth I was doing or what dance this was.... apparently I had to run around the girl in the middle? Hmmmm....)

HSBanquet2010 No shoes
Going around in a circle... notice all the bare feet?? hee hee

HSBanquet2010 clapclap
The first dance... a mixer. I posted a video of this one on my last post.



Dancing the polka... I danced this one... it is a pretty sad sight. But it was a blast!


The evening finally came to a close at 1:00 in the morning. I was exhausted, but arriving home at 2:00 a.m., I stayed up for another hour to relate to my mom all the events of the night.
And what a night it was! In the enduring words of a High School Musical 3 (....I can't believe they made three of those movies.... just watching no. 2 and 3 makes me pine for a good BBC drama...)

It's gonna be a night
To remember
Come on now, big fun
Its gonna be the night
To last forever
Well never ever ever forget.
~HSM 3 "A Night To Remember"



♥Thanks to Erin for sending me all these pictures! ♥

4 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous, Alison! Your dress is lovely and it sounds like it was a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that looks like SO MUCH FUN!!!!

    Your dress is beautiful! I love it. =)

    ~Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a blast! You look SO lovely! And that dress fit you perfectly. :)

    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had fun!!! Your dress is so pretty, and your hair looks fab.
    Alexa

    ReplyDelete