Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Tag... Starring My Favorite Characters!


The Reader (1910)
Here's an interesting tag I found on someone else's blog... Basically all you have to do is name 12 characters ( They can be real people, you just have to know their story), and then answer the questions.

1. Mara (From "Mara, Daughter of the Nile)
2. Elizabeth Bennet (From Pride and Prejudice)
3. Mr. Darcy (From Pride and Prejudice)
4. Anne (From Anne of Green Gables)
5. Joseph (From the Bible, Old Testament... Ya know, Coat of Many Colors?)
6. John Thornton (From North and South)
7. Miss Matty (From Cranford)
8. Mr. Churchill (From Jane Austin's "Emma")
9. Emma (From Jane Austin's "Emma")
10. Mr. Knightly (From Jane Austin's "Emma")
11. Ruth (From the Bible... think Ruth and Naomi)
12. Sherlock Holmes

1. Who would make a better collage prof, 6 (John Thornton) or 11 (Ruth) ?
I think John Thornton would be a better collage proffessor... Maybe teaching some business classes or something?

2. Do you think #2 is nice?
Elizabeth Bennett? I sure do! Although, a bit prideful and prejudiced....

3. 12 (Sherlock Holmes) sends 8 (Mr. Churchill) out on a mission. What is it? Does it succeed?
Sherlock wants Mr. Churchill to investigate a strange Mystery surrounding the Knightly Family.... something to do with a mysterious hound.... Unfortunatly, Mr. Churchill must decline this mission because his Aunt is very ill and cannot bear to part with him.

4. What is or what would be 9's (Emma) favorite book?

I am not sure if it is mentioned or not, but I would assume she would enjoy Romeo and Juliet... a classic and tragic love story.

5. Would it make more sense for 2 (Elizabeth Bennet) to swear loyalty to 6 ( John Thornton), or the other way around?
I don't think either of them would swear loyalty to each other. They both have leadership personalities, and I think they would have their own sets of minions... they would not be each other's.


6. For some reason, 5 (Joseph) is looking for a roommate. Should (s)he room with 9 (Emma) or 10 ( Mr. Knightly)? I don't think either of them are a good fit. Mr. Knightly loves his own home far to much to ever live anywhere else, and it would be most improper for Emma!



7. 3 ( Mr. Darcy) , 7 (Miss Matty) and 12 (Sherlock Holmes ) are going out to dinner. Where do they go and what do they discuss? I think they would enjoy some place fancy and upper-class. I am not sure what they would talk about!

8. #3 (Mr. Darcy) challenges #10 (Mr. Knightly) to a duel, who wins?
Mr. Knightly, of course!

9. If 1 (Mara) stole 8's (Mr. Churchill's) most precious possession, how would (s)he get it back?
He would probably flatter Mara into giving it back.

10. If # 5 (Joseph) and # 2 (Elizabeth Bennett) wrote a book together, what would the book be about? I, personally, think they should co-author a book on how to deal with immature families. Some possible chapter titles might be... "How to cope when you're dad's favorite", "Help! I've Been Sold Into Slavery! Now What?", "How To Become Really Rich/Important--Even If You Were Born In A Poor Family (and how to keep a God-fearing, level head while you do it!)"


11. What kind of plot device would you have to use if you wanted 1 (Mara) and 4 (Anne) to work together? Mara doesn't really work all that well with people, and Anne is always dreaming instead of working, so I don't think it would be all that possible.


12. If 7 (Miss Matty) visited you for the weekend, how would it go? I'm sure it would be lovely!


13. If you could command 3 (Mr. Darcy) to perform any service or task for you, what would it be? I would probably say "Give me your house!!!!". I ♥ Pemberly.

14. Does 11 (Ruth) like to write or draw?
I have NO idea! lol

15. If 2 (Elizabeth Bennett) had to choose sides between 4 (Anne) and 5 (Jospeh), what side would (s)he choose?
She would choose Joseph... I think....

16. What might 6 (John Thornton) shout out while charging into battle?
Indeed, Mr. Thornton would not go out into battle!


17. If you had to choose a song to best describe 8 (Mr. Churchill), what would it be?
Well, I don't know about me, but I think Emma would sing "Don't Go Breaking My Heart".

18. What would 5 (Joseph) most likely be arrested for?

Not doing anything wrong... it seems to be his fate.

19. If 11 (Ruth) and 9 (Emma) were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
Ruth. She works out in the fields while gathering wheat.

20. What is the lowest point of 1's (Mara's) story?
When she almost gets killed by the dude she loves.


21. 1 (Mara) and 9 (Emma) reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's (Anne's) sinister secret organization. 11 (Ruth) volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that s/he is actually a spy for 4 (Anne). Meanwhile, 4 (Anne) has kidnapped 12 (Sherlock Holmes) in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5 (Joseph), they seek out 3 (Mr. Darcy), who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?


"Egypt and England Vs. Canada"

4 comments:

  1. That was very funny. I might do it on my (if you will let me :0)

    -Hannah Rebekah
    (sister)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah a ha! That was awesome. I especially love the last one. :)

    Funny!
    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll take this one too, it was very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. WORD!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOO doing this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete