Thursday, August 5, 2010

Crepes!

Yum! As I type this, I am taking the last bite of my breakfast; homemade crepes with homemade whipped cream, powdered sugar, and fresh strawberries on top! As I sit, scraping the remaining whipped cream off of my plate, I laugh because I used to hate crepes! But definitely NOT anymore!

If you are in the mood for a tasty breakfast, try these crepes!

The first step towards your delicious breakfast is by making the basic crepes recipe...

Ingredients

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions

  1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
  3. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.
You will also need to make some whipped cream to go on top....

Ingredients
1 half pint Heavy Whipping Cream
2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla

Mix up whipping cream until soft peaks are formed. Gradually add the rest of the ingredients till stiff peaks are formed. Easy peasy.

To consume....spread a bit of butter on the crepes, sprinkle on some powdered sugar (just a bit!) add some fresh strawberries, and your homemade whipped cream. Voila! Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. I love crepes! And yours looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, we LOVE crepes here! My dad makes them on a Saturday morning for us. We love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm those look delicious! I love crepes :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look yummy! I just found your blog from Jo's blog. I hope you'll check out my online, Christian magazine for tween/teen girls: http://bloommagazine.webs.com. I would love it if you subscribe!!
    KyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE crepes!!!!! They are, like, the perfect food!! They can be breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert! Seriously, one time, my mom and I made crepes for dinner(putting meat, broccoli and cheese in them) and we had some batter left, so we made more, adding things like chocolate pudding and fruit, or a mixture of regular sugar/brown sugar(for toast) that we keep around the house at all times!! Yup, they are going to have crepes in heaven,I'm pretty sure :)

    ReplyDelete