Sunday, August 1, 2010

Dress ReFashioned

Recently, I turned a summer dress into my new favorite skirt! It all started with one of those flow~y dresses which I bought at a garage sale last summer for next~to~nothing. I didn't take any before pictures, but it was in this style:
Product Image Mossimo Supply Co. Juniors Sleeveless Maxi Dress - Pongee Tint

I bought it because, in theory, this seems like a really cute, comfy dress. (obviously with some sort of shirt under it or something...). Turns out, it wasn't. So I didn't wear it at all. But I really liked the fabric, so I saved it for awhile. And then I pulled it out, had a stroke of genius (ha) and created this skirt:
Skirt

It was sooo simple. All I did was cut the bodice off, fold the top over to make a casing for the elastic, added elastic, and voila! I really love it, and it is nice to finally make use of that garage sale purchase!!!

DSC_0062DSC_0063


In case you are wondering... this was me two Sundays ago, getting ready for church. I have been sort of in love with messy/loose/free~flowing buns lately. They are so wonderful for summer! Here's a close up shot of my hairstyle. :)

DSC_0060DSC_0058

Before I sign off I would just like to say thanks so much for the wonderful comments you have all been leaving! I love reading every single one!

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is so cute! I absolutely love your creativity coming into play with the skirt. Your hair looks so cute like that too, I also have been in love with that type of hairstyle of late. I always say the a messy up-"do" looks the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, that is so cool! It really pays to be creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is too cute! Great job! I just love refashioning things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. It looks great! And so does your hair!

    Much love,
    Sereina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! The print is really pretty. Your hair looks nice too, I love loose buns, they are so easy and look really nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I've done that before but it didn't turn out as nicely as yours :).

    Moe

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great on you. You can't tell at all that it's refashioned. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! I always keep cast off clothes around for a bit, you never know what ideas you might come up with! :) And lovely "messy" bun!

    ReplyDelete