Friday, September 17, 2010

A Christmas Carol!!!

Those of you who followed my old blog may remember what happened about this time last year.

(I'll give you a hint)

***Christmas Carol Auditions***

(Do you know now???)

That's right! It's Christmas Carol time once again!!! I am sooooo excited!!!!!

For those of you who may not know what in the world I am talking about, for the past 3 (this is my 4th) years, my family and I have been in a local theater production of "A Christmas Carol". The first two years, I was just chorus, but last year I finally got a part as Scrooge's maid during the Christmas future scene. Coincidentally, my mom got to act as another of Scrooge's maid in the exact same scene. (She had had that part the first year we did CC as well.)

In my scene, I was stealing from "Dead Old Scrooge", all the while spitting out lines with all the cackling and cockney accent I could muster. It was very fun!

This year, I am auditioning with the hopes that they will give me the part of "Belle", Scrooge's ex-fiance'. Why Belle, you may ask? Well, First of all, how fun would it be to break off an engagement on stage, right? And Belle gets to be in a dance, which would be really awesome. Quite frankly, unless I get the part of Belle, I don't see myself being cast as a dancer.... so Belle's my only hope, so to speak.

Auditions are tomorrow, so I'll see what I get, and let you all know ASAP! I'm singing "Think of Me" from Phantom of the Opera.

In closing, I'm going to post some pictures of last year, and what I said about them.

Christmas Carol 2009 Jacob Marley And Scrooge
"This is a picture I took of the stage from the house. The Theater can hold up to 2,000 People, and Thursday is a sold-out show!"

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2755/4152418281_45dd70af54.jpg
"I ratted my hair so much, and hair-sprayed it that way! I also have about 5 different colors of eye make-up on. Black, Gray, Purple, Brown, and White. Look the left of my face. I added a fake mole right by my eye. We had a lot of… comments on our costume/make-up. One girl said, "You guys look terrifying-ly good!"

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2776/4152439621_fac139e8c7.jpg
"...my mom in the Fezziwig Dance. She is the one in the blue dress in the picture below. I had a bit of a hard time getting a really great picture, but this was the best I got. "

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2527/4055866996_5d490dc84b.jpg
"My Mom's Dicken's Singer Costume"

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2502/4036109768_6c654527f2.jpg

"My little sister Heidi got in on the fun as well, and tried on a very brightly colored hat. This one is not for CC… the theater stores all of their costumes at this warehouse. "

The Room

"The place where the theater stores all of their costumes is a gigantic old warehouse. It is a really lovely place, full of character! Many of the costumes are in boxes. Sadly, last year many of the Christmas Carol costumes were not returned to the theater, so they don’t have as many as last year."


In the room







Here we go! Another crazy year of Christmas Carol!!!



2 comments:

  1. That's so neat! I hope you get the part~! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like soooo much fun!!! Hope you get the part of Belle- that would be an extremely fun and exciting part! =)

    ~Samantha

    ReplyDelete