Friday, November 12, 2010

When It's All Been Said and Done...



"When It's All Been Said and Done" is a song my sister taught me when we were little. We used to sing the first verse over and over because it was the only part we knew. I finally figured out the name of the song, and found this beautiful version on youtube. The song answers a simple question-- After it's all been said and done, what will matter? The answer is found in the first verse of the song-- living a life for God and for the truth.

When it's all been said and done
There is just one thing that matters
Did I do my best to live for truth?
Did I live my life for you?

When it's all been said and done
All my treasures will mean nothing
Only what I have done
For love's rewards
Will stand the test of time

Lord, your mercy is so great
That you look beyond our weakness
That you found purest gold in miry clay
Turning sinners into saints

I will always sing your praise
Here on earth and in heaven after
For you've joined me at my true home
When it's all been said and done
You're my life when life is gone.



1 comment:

  1. GREAT song, Allison! Thanks for introducing it to me. I'm going to bookmark it now, so I can listen to it some more times in the next few weeks. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete