Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Perfect Day ♪

When I was little, I always used to love watching these movies that were Beatrix Potter's stories animated. There was Peter Rabbit and the Two Bad Mice... I always loved the tale of the Two Bad Mice.

My favorite part of the movies, though, was when Miss Potter (protrayed by an actress) would ride in a carriage to her home on a rainy day, come inside, give her rabbit a snack or a pat on the head, and then sit down to begin writing. That's when the stories would begin.

Then at the end, Beatrix would head out again, and the most enchanting song would play. I always, always loved this song.

For so long, I have wondered what the song was called, but I have *finally* found it! I am so excited! You can listen to it in the video below. The song is called "Perfect Day" and it is sang by Miriam Stockley .

Magic.



3 comments:

  1. I used to watch those videos all the time! I love that song. :D


    Abby :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song is a childhood favorite of mine, as well!
    My dad has always loved it, so I've attempted to make up an improv for it on the piano=) It's such a beautiful, haunting melody. . . Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings,
    ~Kellie~
    amaidensmusings.plexpedia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boys and I have loved these movies for years. I too think this song is so beautiful . . . So much so that I bought a cd years ago just to get the entire song. You have a lovely blog. I know your mom from the WTM forum. I send you my best.

    ReplyDelete