Sunday, December 19, 2010

*Silent Night* (singing in church)

This morning I had the opportunity to sing a special with my church's worship team. We sang a version of "Silent Night". Although I was a bit nervous for various reasons, it turned out I had no reason to be. Everything went great, and I had a lot of fun!

My mom recorded a video of us-- I am the one on the far left. Mrs. M. (who is standing right next to me) and I both (unintentionally!) wore the exact same pair of shoes! And everyone wore black, white, gray and red, even though our outfits weren't intentionally coordinated! lol

When I was singing, I didn't realize how loud I was singing, so I kept singing louder thinking I wasn't being heard... well, you can hear me... lol I am singing the soprano, so you may be able to pick it out. Enjoy!



(sorry about the bit of wiggling in the beginning of the video... my mom was trying to record discreetly...)

Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child
Holy Infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace

Silent night, holy night!
Shepherds quake at the sight
Glories stream from heaven afar
Heavenly hosts sing Alleluia!
Christ, the Saviour is born
Christ, the Saviour is born

Silent night, holy night
Son of God, love's pure light
Radiant beams from Thy holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth



3 comments:

  1. I loved the singing, but the guitar solo so much. But aside from that loved hearing you all sing and I am so glad to see modest and feminine apparel on the ladies! Great job!

    In Christ,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful! I loved it. Very lovely arrangement. The harmonies are beautiful.The piano part is beautiful too. I liked the guitar solo too! I'd love to learn that. Who's arrangement is it?

    Thanks for posting!
    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom may have been trying to record discretely, but M definitely saw her. At the very beginning, he looked right at her, and smiled really big.

    You all sounded great! What shoes did you wear?

    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete