Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ice Skating

This is my first post in 2011... which is a bit shameful, seeing as it is already January 8... but anyway...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_I_Mfsl7YZCI/S-zKmHuKD3I/AAAAAAAAACc/SBp_91kSvm8/s1600/ice-skate.jpg
{image via}

I love to ice skate, which is why I am so excited for next Friday! You see, next Friday, our youth group is going ice skating, and then going to my friend's house afterward. I haven't been ice-skating in at least a year, so I am really looking forward to it!

When I was younger, I had some dreams to become a professional figure skater. Somehow, I was unfazed by the fact that I only go ice skating once or twice a year... still, I wanted to be a figure skater! I could imagine myself soaring across the ice in those white boots with gleaming blades, spinning and jumping... it was going to be great! That Christmas, I begged my parents to buy me my own pair of ice skates.... and they did! I still have and wear them! (my feet haven't grown much since I was, oh, 12...)

I have since lost the desire to be a *professional* skater-- I am now content to skate for fun. And fun it is! (that sounded very "Yoda-ish"...)

One thing that amazes me, however, is how many people have never skated before in their lives, or can't skate! Out of the 14 people coming, 7 of them cannot skate, and 4 of them have never skated before! Well, they shouldn't be scared. Ice Skating is actually not that hard... you just have to be brave and let go of the rink wall...

I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. I went skating and then slipped and fell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I skate too! But not for fun, proffesionally. Like I mean wake up at 4 a.m. for pratices, double jumps, and all that
    I still love it!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, the waking up is the hard part... I'm going ice skating tomorrow morning (at ridiculous o'clock, may I add) and am dreading my new jumps *eek*!:/ Still going to be as good as always though, EVEN though my boots are constantly rubbling my poor feet! Can't waaait!

    ReplyDelete