Friday, March 11, 2011

Dressed Like A Princess


This is a bit late in coming, but I thought it was better to post late than never.
Every year, my homeschool group does an event called "History Night" where homeschool students can choose a topic in history and make a presentation about it. Then, on the actual History *Night* we present our projects to the world! (or at least to those who come... lol)

This year I chose to do the Last Tsar of Russia, Tsar Nicholas Romanov II. Of course, it would be very weird to dress up as Nicholas the II, so I chose to dress up as his daughter instead... Tatiana Romanov.


I wore my mom's prom dress (the same one I wore to the Homeschool Banquet last year) and added a red ribbon sash. For the headress, I created the basic shape of the kokoshnik (crown) out of cardboard (a cereal box, to be specific) and added pearls along the top of it, and a tulle veil in the back. To finish it off I added a black necklace (Which has multiple chains) and a long chain.
Picnik collage

My Costume was based on this picture of Olga (left) and Tatiana Romanov. Although there are differences between my costume and their clothes, I think I got the general feel of the costume.

olgatat.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, that is just lovely! Tatiana is the most beautiful of the Romanov sisters! :D and my personal favorite. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! The homeschool group my brothers and sisters are a part of does something just like this called a History Fair. My siblings did Australia since we have a friend who is a missionary from there. Instead of dressing up though(also some of the kids do) everyone brings a dish of food from that specific country/time period/region. Then we all eat it! :) - it's pretty fun actually!

    ReplyDelete