Saturday, July 23, 2011

Nail Polish and Bowling


I am not one to usually follow trends. I'm more of a "make your own trends" type of person. (Which pretty much means I do whatever makes me happy in the fashion dept.) But I decided to try out a trend that I've seen a couple places now... and that is painting your nails, but painting on finger on each hand a different color! I went with pink and green.

I thought a lot of people would inquire as to why my nails looked like that... but only one person was wondering, and I actually brought it up (they didn't actually ask.). lol So if you're feeling nervous about trying this nail polish idea, don't be. It's crazy cool and a blast to look at (I don't know why, but I just like looking at my nails when they're painted.), but not so crazy that you'll get people stopping you in the streets and asking to take their pictures with you to send home to mom. :)

Now, I have to ask, what better day to test out a crazy nail painting scheme than when you are going "Glow Bowling" with your youth group? I can't think of any better time. :) Which is exactly what we did last night. So that was a lot of fun. (The 1970's Disco music and Videos they had playing at the Bowling Alley were rather entertaining, as well. The kids in my youth group love to sing. loudly. So I'm sure the people who work at the counter were rather amused when we all chimed in to "We Are Family" when it came on. hee hee.)


(I am sorry to say I lost. Pretty badly. But I did get a couple of strikes! And a couple of almost-strikes!)

Before I go, I wanted to tell you all about my little sister who just got a new blog. :) Her blog is called "Surfer Girl". So if you want to check it out, I'm sure she'd love that!

Other blogs and websites on the "painting one nail differently" trend:
(I cannot guarantee that all content is appropriate on these blogs, so please use discretion. :)

http://thebeautydepartment.com/2011/06/polished/

http://www.kandeej.com/2011/05/how-to-add-cool-twist-to-your-nails.html

http://lustlovelose.wordpress.com/2011/02/06/love-or-lose-one-nail-different/

http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2009/05/multi-colored-nails-trendy-or-tacky.html


1 comment:

  1. Hellooo

    blogwalking!! i always love your blog! And your polish nail is pretty cute btw :) :)

    ReplyDelete