Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sew? Of course I sew.


This very evening I remembered exactly *why* I don't often sew. (Or, to put it more realistically, why I would rather be doing almost anything other than sewing.)

It started out with me, finding some nice fabric and a fairly simple looking pattern... and, upon looking in my closet, discovering that I had nothing to wear to church tomorrow. (And by "nothing to wear to church tomorrow" I mean that out of my four drawers of clothing, plus the 1/8 clothing rack/ration I am given in our closet, I could find nothing that looked appealing to wear.) So, I had this stroke of genius (some maycall it insanity), and I put two and two together and decided I would *make* a new skirt for church tomorrow! (insert maniacal laughter here.)

Basically, to sum it all up, my sewing experience reminded me a lot of Romans 5:3-5a

"We are full of joy even when we suffer. We know that our suffering gives us the strength to go on. The strength to go on produces character. Character produces hope. And hope will never let us down."

Although, I think in this particular instance, (for the first time in my life) the Message Bible's translation of the first part of that verse fits perfectly....

"We continue to shout our praise even when we're hemmed in with troubles".
Not to be pun-ny, (and no, that was not a double pun on the word "funny"...) but I think "hemmed in with troubles" pretty much accurately describes my feelings. exactly.

So yes, about 6 (long... very long... very extremely longggg...) hours, a bowl of canned fruit cocktail, and 1 IKEA cinnamon roll later, I am pleased to present a grainy webcam picture of la finished product.




null

No comments:

Post a Comment