Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Feeling Artsy :)

So, my sister and I were having some fun with art this evening... trying to make super colorful, splatter-y paintings with watercolors, and this was what I came up with:



DSC_0012

The top says "I cried to dream again." which is a line from a Shakespeare work entitled "The Tempest".

Be not afeard. The isle is full of noises,
Sounds, and sweet airs that give delight and hurt not.
Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices
That, if I then had waked after long sleep,
Will make me sleep again. And then, in dreaming,
The clouds methought would open and show riches
Ready to drop upon me, that when I waked
I cried to dream again.
Basically, it's talking about a beautiful dream that, when you wake up, causes you to cry because you want to be asleep and seeing the dream again. I thought it just seemed to fit with the picture. :) Now, I'll be honest here and admit I've never actually read any of Shakespeare's works all the way through, but I have read snippets here and there, and I absolutely adore the poetic nature of his writings! Some of it is absolutely breathtaking.

Back to the actual artwork... My sister and I were inspired by this speed painting video (it's really worth a watch... the talent is incredible!) :



In my art I used watercolors (I LOVE watercolors. :) ), pencil, charcoal, ink, stamps, and a black ink pen. My sister Meghan and I used a straw (which we "stole" from the restaurant we ate dinner at this evening... and by "stole", I mean we saved it out of one of our drinks. lol My sister, Hannah, was just sitting there going, "Really, Allison?" as I stuffed it in my pocket. But that thing was seriously useful! lol) to blow on the super wet paint and give it that spatter-y look.

So, that was my art adventure for the day!
null

1 comment:

  1. Wow.... that's beautiful. I like the way the colour splatter! :)

    ReplyDelete