Thursday, April 19, 2012

Journeying to the Place Where Homeschoolers Flock.



Tomorrow morning I'll awaken at the crack of dawn (hypothetically) and make a three hour pilgrimage with mom and one of my little sisters to the proverbial (I just said proverbial... FOR THE WIN!) watering hole for homeschoolers in a rather dangerous-yet-trendy part of a rather large city. THE HOMESCHOOL CONVENTION.

THE. Homeschool Conference.

As I sit here remembering years past; the encounters with homeless people; the thousands upon thousands of denim jumpers, kilts, medieval and/or renaissance costumes and rainbow tiered skirts (ROY G. Biv. A different color on every tier. O.o ) as far as the eye can see; the running around hotels on the 20-something floor; the Chick Fil A (!!!) (reason enough to go right stinkin' there.)... No wonder this is one of my favorite events of the year. I defy anyone to tell me of anything more epic than a homeschool convention. Seriously.

Where else do you see a mennonite teenager walk past wearing stilettos with their cape dress??? Where else do you see such a large gathering of people wearing fanny packs??? Where else can you go to meet the people who write your curriculum or, better yet, THE DUGGERS??? I SAW THE DUGGERS IN PERSON. IN PERSON (!) LAST YEAR AND NOW MY LIFE IS COMPLETE.

MMhm. That's what I thought.


null

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous of you for getting to see the Duggars!!!!!!!! I just LOVE their TV show!! :)
    And also, I can't believe we were in the same city at the same time!!

    Love ya,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete