Thursday, April 26, 2012

No Time

Do you ever feel like you just really want to create something, but you just don't have the time? I certainly do. I feel that way today, actually. And it doesn't help that I just visited one of my favorite art blogs (Geninne's Art Blog), and found out she has a free embroidery pattern available. I have been wanting to embroider something ever since I saw the most amazingly gorgeous blue embroidered pillow at the homeschool convention last week. It was a spectacular work of art created by a woman in Bangladesh.

This piece of embroidery kind of reminds me of the style of the design on the pillow I saw, 
but the pillow had a bright blue background. 

Anyway, the pattern on Geninne's blog is so stinkin' cute, and I want to try it so bad, but alas! No time. No wonder most artists and craftspeople live in the backwoods of nowheresville. That's where I wish I was right now. In some hidden forest in a cottage with the rain pattering outside my window, my embroidery on my lap, and an easel and watercolors set up in the corner. *Sigh*.

I have about a billion things to do today... maybe this evening I'll sneak some creative time in.

null

2 comments:

  1. But if you lived off in nowheresville, i would never get to see you!! And that would totally NOT make my day. :)

    Love ya,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    p.s. speaking of embroidery, i'm kinda into embroidered vests. you know, like what Sierra Jensen wears all the time??? ever read those books by Robin Jones Gunn? You should!!! ttul

    ReplyDelete