Wednesday, April 11, 2012

PicMonkey

A couple months ago, my favorite photo editing online program, Picnik.com, announced they were shutting down for undisclosed reasons. After I got over the initial shock of the betrayal, (HOW COULD THEY??? *tears*) I began looking for a new photo editing program. I couldn't find anything, and I had almost given up hope until my mom found Picmonkey.com.

Picmonkey is pretty much picnik... plus some. I think it just may be better than picnik! lol If you're familiar with picnik, you'll notice the similar picnik-y graphics and some of the same effects, but picmonkey has other features such as more frames for pictures and new filters.

I edited this picture using picmonkey:

Before:

After:

I think it turned out pretty cool, especially for just being a webcam picture. :)

*Edit*: I was asked if you have to pay to use picmonkey. My answer is, "Not yet." I think it is going to end up like picnik, though, where some things are free and some things require a membership. However, for picnik, at least, the memberships were very reasonable, and in my opinion, quite worth it. :)

P.S. As I was writing this post, I was listening to the soundtrack from a favorite musical of mine, "West Side Story", and happened upon a song I had previously overlooked. (I have no idea how...) So now, "One Hand, One Heart" is pretty much my favorite song of the day... (And I quite like the Glee version.)

null

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Picnic seems to be such a big name, and now to be going away... Although, I didn't really use it anyways. So do you have to pay to us picmonkey?

    Like your art below, by the way!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Ok, picmonkey is AWESOME! Thanks for letting us know about it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! After finding out about Picnik, we were going to buy Photo Shop, but it can get very expensive, so this is awesome! Can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha was that taken yesterday??? :) I deffo like the 2nd version. Looks like an Instragram pic. lol

    And ohmyword, I can't wait to hang out on Sunday!! We're gonna have a blast!!!! :)

    Love ya,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so sad when I heard picnik was closing down! I use it to make all my online book covers.:) I am definitely going to check out picmonkey. Here are some others you can check out: pixlr.com, ipiccy.com and Aviary.com, to name a few. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. your picture looks awesome :) i love the frame soo much! definitely looks like an instagram photo now.

    ReplyDelete