Friday, June 29, 2012

"The Son Just Keeps Shining"

I know I haven't posted on my blog in forever, which is sad especially considering the fact that I've had about five posts floating around simultaneously in my head all week. However, I have a bit of an excuse... I have been working in our church's Vacation Bible School (which we call "Sonshine" at our church because we're original ;) ), and it has literally used every last ounce of energy and time I've had. It was an amazing experience, though, and I have learned a TON from it.

 Working with people is not always my strong suit (I work better by myself vs. in a group) but this entire experience has been very much group-centric. That hasn't been a bad thing, though. I have learned so many invaluable lessons about ministry, working with others, letting myself (and my ideas... no matter how amazing I think they are... lol) die, humility, loving others, hard work, and patience. I have made a ton of friends who I probably never would have even thought to talk to if it weren't for Sonshine, and guess what? I genuinely love them all.

This appears to be turning into a big blog post, lol, but I have to cut it off here because mom is telling me I need to clean the kitchen or something like that....

Anyway, hopefully I'll be blogging again soon... I really want to share in more detail stuff I've learned from the week.

My team-mates from Sonshine

null

1 comment:

  1. I loved this!! I plan on doing a li'l post on Sonshine too. :) And it is great, huh??? I look forward to it every year. I'm soo glad you and Hans were able to be a part of it!

    And Phillip would have to look like a dork. ;)

    Love ya,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete