Friday, October 12, 2012

Friend Interview! [[Amanda]]


Well, here it is! I'm pleased to kick off the interviews of my friends with my dear friend, Amanda! Amanda and I have not known each other long, but I think we would both say the time we have spent getting to know each other has been wonderful, and an answer to prayer! 






The funniest part is my sister, Hannah, and I officially met Amanda after randomly finding her blog! We saw pictures of her, and we were like, "HEY! That girl goes to our church!" Haha. Here's a link to her charming blog, "Free To Be Me". :) 

So, without further ado, everyone, meet Amanda. :)


Me: Tell me three words that describe who you are, and why you choose those words. 

Amanda: Sweet, Passionate, and Impulsive. Sweet because my mom has always told me I am; Passionate because once I like something, I really really like something. Its a good thing, but its also bad, as well. (Like pertaining to idols in my life.) :/ And Impulsive because, once I get an idea in my head, I instantly make a decision about it. For example, I'm very impulsive when it comes to decisions on my hair. As some of you probably know, I was growing out my hair ever since like 2 years ago. And then during the summer this year, right before Sonshine, our church's VBS, I had Mom chop it all off, up to my shoulders. I have since regretted doing that, so I'm slowly growing it out. Again. :)


Me: Tell me about your family. What is your position in your family like? (Like, how is it being a twin/being one of the oldest kids in the family?)

Amanda: I come from a family of seven people. I am the oldest child of five kids, I'm a twin to my brother Andrew, and I have one younger brother and two younger sisters. Oh and a dog, Jingles. :) (Me: haha, I love Jingles. He's the cutest little dog.) Sometimes I don't enjoy being the oldest and growing up, but other times I can't wait to get my own apartment someday, and Lord-willing get married and have a few kids. :) 

Me: What is your favorite thing about where you live?

Amanda: My favorite thing about where I live would prolly have to be the trees. In Iowa, where I came from, its all flatness and cornfields. Not much else. So when the fam came to Ohio in the winter, we were all gasping and freaking out about the gorgeous TREES. I don't think I've ever seen so many trees before. haha They're especially gorgeous in the fall and winter!! 

Amanda and I on the way to camp... photo bombed by another friend. lol

Me: All right, how about a few questions about your style. :)  How would you describe your style?

Amanda: My style is simple and classic. I love mixing really girly pieces with tougher, menswear inspired pieces, like jean or leather jackets. :) I would have to say that Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift are my style icons, because they epitomize the styles I love. (Yes, I love T. Swift's style as well. :D )

Me: What is your favorite place to shop? 

Amanda: I LOVE H&M, Forever 21, Target and Wal-Mart. I don't care if some people might think Wal-Mart is gross or whatever, I love it! You can find such great deals and everything! I love being frugal. :)


Me: Would you say you are better at decorating your room or picking out stylish outfits to wear?

Amanda: I would have to say picking out an outfit, because when it comes to decorating rooms, I have no creative ability whatsoever. But sometimes if I'm looking at decorating type pictures on Pinterest, then I can get some inspiration or whatever.
Me: What is your favorite way to do your hair?
           
Amanda: My favorite way to wear my hair is either down and straight, with bangs, or, during the school day I usually tease my hair some to get the messy look going, then I slip in a headband and put my hair up in a pony. I like my hair out of my face when working on schoolwork!! (Same. here.)
Me: If you could change your style or physical appearance in any way, what would you choose?

Amanda: I would be a few inches taller, and skinnier. haha Oh, and maybe not have a high forehead. But, I'm thankful for the way God created me, and I need to remember that outward looks really aren't all that important. :)

Amanda, Me, and our lovely sisters!



Me: Let's talk about the future and your beliefs. What is the best piece of advice you have ever gotten?

Amanda: Y.O.L.O. - Make every day count for Jesus and eternity!! Don't waste your life. (I love that. :) )
Me: If you could go back in time and tell yourself something, what time would go to, and what would you tell yourself?

Amanda: Hmm, this is gonna be kinda silly, but I would go back to the year 2004 or '05 and tell myself late at night, "Don't go to the fridge and get yourself a bowl of ice cream. You'll regret it later." I have never really eaten very healthy, and I've paid for it with some added weight that I desperately want to get rid of. So yeah. Oh, and another thing I would say is, "Exercise." 
Me: Define a "great life". 

Amanda: Surrounded by the people I love and living every second for Jesus Christ, my Savior. 
Me: What do you want to be when you "grow up"? :)

Amanda: I think I wanna be a nanny. I've always loved little kids and I love babysitting! Also, I know a few people who are/have been nannies and they've given me some advice as to how to get started. Since there's nothing I really wanna 'BE' when I graduate, I'm not really planning on going to college. But, my plans could change....
Me: What do you think is the single best decision you've made so far?

Amanda: Realizing I was (and still am!!) a sinner at the age of 5 and asking Jesus Christ to forgive me and come into my life to have a personal relationship with Him.
 
Me: Do you have any crazy dreams?

Amanda: Going to London with my friends someday and marrying a genuine cowboy, who loves the Lord, horses, and kids. ;)
(haha, I love it! :) )
Me: How did you get saved?

Amanda: I was 5 years old and working on AWANA verses with my mom, on salvation. I started asking questions and Mom explained it all to me. Then later we prayed. Since then, in recent years, I've had some doubts and questions, so during this past January I made sure of my salvation, only a few weeks before I became a member at my church!!
Me: What has God taught you recently?

Amanda: That there's nothing in this life that can compare to Jesus and how great He is, and that I need Him more than anything else in the world!!
Me: What is the biggest struggle you face as a Christian? 

Amanda: Putting Jesus first before anything. Man its hard!!! But I always fall back on the promise that Jesus will never leave me nor forsake me (Heb. 13:5) and that God is a God of second chances - He's waiting for me with open arms, and He's never gonna stop pursuing me.
Me: What do you think are big struggles for other Christians in our world right now?
Amanda: I think some struggles that other Christians face today are separating ourselves from the world. Making it obvious that you have Jesus in your life, and that you're living completely for Him. I know I struggle with that!!

Me: O.k., how about we talk about relationships. First, what do you love most about your friends? ;) 

Amanda: I love that my friends are always there for me, and that we share the bond of being apart of God's family. It's an amazing feeling to know that your friends are also your brothers and sisters in Christ. I love that my friends are people I can be myself around, and that they're always making me laugh! I love all the memories we've made together, and I hope and pray we'll stay friends for the rest of our lives. 
(I think we could say the exact same about you!)
Me: What is your favorite thing to do with friends?

Amanda: I don't really have a 'favorite' thing. I love having talks in our bedrooms, going shopping together, taking a million pictures together
 (we still need to get our pictures done in a photo booth!)encouraging each other in our walks with Jesus, and just having an amazing time together!!! :D
Me: What do you most look for in friendships?

Amanda: First off, I want my friends to have a personal relationship with Jesus, so that we can have that bond and connection of being apart of God's family and being able to encourage each other. Another thing I look for is that I must be myself with my friends. I don't want to feel like I have to be someone I'm not when I'm with my friends, and thankfully all the friends I have make me feel like myself, and love me for me! :)
Me: How do you feel about relationships during high school?

Amanda: First off, thank you Allison for asking this question!!
(haha, no problem. ;) ) I enjoy giving my opinion on this subject, because I rarely get to. Okay, honestly, I'm not for high school relationships. I've known people who haven't made the best of decisions in their dating relationships during high school and I think one of the reasons is because they're not old enough, and mature enough, to make wise decisions. Another thing is because dating should be about finding your future spouse, and when you're in high school, marriage should not be your focus!! 
Me: How do you feel about relationships after high school?

Amanda: I think dating relationships after high school are fine because once you get to college and are in your 20's, you're old enough to make wiser decisions, and also during college is when you start looking for your future husband and wife.
Me: Do you want to get married someday?

Amanda: YES YES YES!! With all my heart I want to someday, Lord-willing, marry the man that God has created just for me.
Me: What are some things you would look for/are looking for in a guy (personality/character)?
Amanda: He MUST be a Christian. There is no question about that! He must love the Lord with all his heart, soul, mind and strength and have a passion for serving the Lord. Anything else after that isn't really that important. I want to be able to be myself around him, and I want someone with humor! I would really love to marry a cowboy, as I said above. Seriously. :) Someone who loves the outdoors, and animals, and kiddos. 
Me: How would your dream guy look? ;) lol
       
Amanda: I'm not really sure. I guess I honestly don't care as long as I think he's handsome, even if no one else does. I am the one who's going to be spending the rest of my days with him!! :) But if I'd have to say something, I guess a mix between William Moseley and Liam Hemsworth (with dark hair, like he is in the Hunger Games!!) (Yes! Loving the HG reference! :D)

Me: Now, how about we talk about some of your dreams and crazy experiences. ;) Tell me about something crazy or awesome you did/experienced.

Amanda: I went to Alaska with my family 7 years ago. (NO WAY! SUPER JEALOUS! I've always wanted to go there!) That was definitely an amazing experience! Another thing is I was a wrangler at a camp in IL for 7 weeks, two years ago. It was a great learning and growing time for me.
Me: Have you ever met a celebrity?

Amanda: Nope, but if I did, I would probably be shaking like a leaf! lol
Me: If you could meet any celebrity (living or dead), who would you want to meet?

Amanda: JACKIE EVANCHO!!!!!!!! She is the 12 year old opera singer sensation, and her 4th album 'Songs from the Silver Screen' just came out October 2nd of this year. I'm buying it once I have enough money!!
Me: Have you ever done something crazy you later regretted?

Amanda: I'm not exactly the daredevil type, so nothing really that I can think of. :/ (Haha, good for you. ;) )

Me: Where would you like to travel?
       
Amanda: I would love to go back out West, and then all over Europe - more importantly Great Britain and most definitely England!!!
Me: If you could have any skill/talent, what would it be?
         
Amanda: To be really really good at acting. I think acting would be one of the best jobs to have! It seems like so much fun!! (and if you get into movies, it pays so darn well, too...)

Me: If you could be on any TV show, which would you choose?
        
Amanda: Ummmm, prolly 'The Duggars' or 'What Not to Wear'. I love those shows sooo much!!!
Me: If you could star in any movie, which would you choose?

Amanda: Either 'Flicka 1' or 'International Velvet'. :) Two of my favoritest movies!! Or 'The Chronicles of Narnia' movies. :) 
Me: If you could star in any play, which would you choose?

Amanda: I don't know too many plays, so I'm not sure. :)
(...I'm going to have to fix this...)

Me: Anything you'd like to say in closing? 

Amanda: Thank you soo much for letting me be a guest on your blog!! I enjoyed answering every single question so much.  I love you like crazy and I thank the Lord that He brought you into my life!! 
Me: Believe me, the pleasure is all mine! I loved interviewing you! I certainly feel like I learned a lot that I didn't even know. Love ya too! :D

null

4 comments:

  1. Awwww this was sooo cool!! Thanks again Allie!! :) I enjoyed reading your li'l comments about my answers. lol I can't wait to read your future posts for this series!! :) Will you be interviewing Hannah??

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Hannah will be on there as well as my friend Corbin. :)

      Delete
  2. Awww, Manda those were such great answers! :) I don't think I will be able to sound as good as you did! Thanks for being such and awesome B.F.F.!! :) And, btw that first picture of you is so stunning! <3 it Manda!

    -Hans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks Hans!! I'm sure you'll have awesome answers! I can't wait to read them. :)) Besties forever!! <3 Awww and thanks. You're so sweet. :D

      Delete