Thursday, November 29, 2012

Quickie Update on Debate and Comment Response

Just thought I'd give an update... After three or so hours of "sit-'yo-butt-down-and-don't-get-up-till-it's-done" work on my debate speech yesterday... it is done! Although the actual debate still looms in the very near future and I still have more research to do, the biggest task has been accomplished, which is a great relief! :)

PS, In partial response to a comment left by Rachel Hope which states, "But I'm not sure how school works, being home schooled. Or was. Do you get graded or points on how well you do ? because I would freak put about that too." Well, good question. lol I'm not entirely certain how the points system works, but yes, it will be in some way graded based on a points value, I believe. I've also heard the winner will be decided based on who convinces the judge of their side the best (not sure if that is true or not). Regardless, the better your argument is structured, the more it makes sense, and the better you present it will all lead to a better grade/score. Notice the last thing I mentioned... your score will actually go up, you will receive more sympathy for your case and garner more supporters if you present your case well. So, half the battle here is just acting like you know what you're talking about and being a gracious, like-able person. lol (The other half being, of course, a good case and whenever possible actually knowing what you're talking about.)

(By the way Rachel, I'm homeschooled too. The classes I was referring to are part of a co-op I am taking this year. :) )
null

1 comment:

  1. Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this write-up
    and the rest of the site is also really good.

    Here is my website :: http://www.rolexsale-shop.com/

    ReplyDelete