Friday, October 25, 2013

Halloween!


Halloween is upon us! Six days till the big day, and I have yet to start whipping together a costume for Joel and I.But this is really nbd as I usually wait till the day OF Halloween to even decide what I'm going to be. This year however, I actually planned ahead, and I already know what we are going to be. :) So now all that's left is to put it together. :D

Joel and I decided to be Mary Poppins and Bert for Halloween. I suggested the idea after I saw a picture on pinterest:



So cute, right? Joel loved the idea!

I really like the Bert costume in the picture above, but for some reason the Mary costume is not quite right to me. So I decided to do a little more research for inspiration for my Mary costume. PLUS around here it has gotten very cold, so going around at night next week without a coat of any sort does not strike me as very appealing!

I found these pictures which I think are super inspirational:

I need that hat. Also, Julie Andrews is gorgeous.

A Long Coat and Gloves? That's more what I'm thinking...



I NEED THIS UMBRELLA.
I'm thinking a navy skirt would be better, but this is a good start!

I have all sorts of ideas cooking in my head on how to make Joel/Bert's chimney sweep broom and my umbrella. After I get off work tonight I'll be taking a trip to the Goodwill to see if I can find the basics!

I also want Joel to have one of those newsboy caps, but I haven't been able to find one. So it's time for plan B: MAKE ONE!!!

Luckily whenever I get the idea to make something, blogs and google usually pull through to give me some helpful tutorials. Here are two I'm deciding between:



Tutorial HERE


I'll post pictures of the finished products when they're all together!!

PS, So excited for Halloween this year... mom has a bunch of ideas put together, and I'm going to FINALLY rent Monsters Inc. 2 and watch it after trick or treating! I am so excited I can hardly stand it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment